Technical Sales Engineer
Technical Sales Engineer
Job Type: Full time
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a sales engineer, you have a strong technical understanding of technology, and our customers’ businesses gleaned from deep industry knowledge. This knowledge enables you to convey how our solutions help customers solve their market problems.
You also have a knack for solving complex problems and combine technical knowledge with exceptional presentation skills to provide both internal and external advice. You support our customers through the sales cycle, assisting with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations.
In addition, you understand our prospects’ product requirements and help them validate those requirements against our services, identifying any technical risks, and providing mitigation strategies when needed. You also communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales. We’re looking for a creative professional who can both take and give direction. He or she will work closely with our CEO to achieve the desired metrics.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop strong relationships with customers, prospects, sales, and product teams as a trusted adviser to facilitate solution improvements.
- Perform client and prospect presentations (both virtual and in-person).
- Proactively guide customers through their service options and prescribe solutions based on their needs.
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with internal technical teams.
- Traveling to visit potential clients.
- Assist with technical sections for RFP/RFI and vendor assessments for new and existing clients.
- Share sales, insights, and feedback with CEO to facilitate business and customer requirements.
- Translate deep technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts, and which market strategies can be used to attract clients.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Follow-up on leads passed down from the CEO, act as a single point of contact for existing and new customers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS, or any other technical field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a sales engineer or solutions engineer.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations.
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities.
- Experience creating a detailed technical proposal and implementation plans.
- Experience preparing RFP and RFI responses.
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives.
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PERKS AT WORK
- We’re passionate about building products that improve the quality of life for patients.
- We like to learn along the way – we don’t believe we have everything perfected and depend on everyone’s input to help us grow as a team.
- We promote a culture of fun, trust, inclusiveness, empowerment, collaboration, and constructive feedback.
- Work with cutting edge technology on a very complex project that promotes meaningful work.
- Competitive market salary rates.
- Paid lunches
- Employee benefit plans
- Profit sharing
- Work life balance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.