Sr. Java Developer
Join us in transforming the healthcare industry! Become a valued team member where you will help in creating and delivering an innovative project beside an agile team of other dynamic developers. We are looking for someone local to the KW area to join our top-notch developer team us as a Senior Java Developers. Passion for creating effective and beautiful code, leading by example, and having an insatiable appetite for learning are qualities we live by.
You will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic software development team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems. You will be challenged when working with Venuiti and hopefully you will challenge us in new and creative ways as we create and transform the healthcare industry. We are seeking within you a genuine passion for producing the best code, pushing past boundaries, and a desire to advance in your career.
Venuiti Solutions Inc. is seeking a Senior Java Developers who understand and have experience building enterprise applications. Healthcare experience is a plus, but is not needed. We’re looking for someone who has enterprise experience in any field (Ex: Financial, Insurance, Mobile, etc.). Java is the language you will be working in, with a heavy focus on Hibernate and Spring, and as a team, will strive towards completing the project within a timely manner. The position is full-time and located in downtown Kitchener, right in the growing Tech Hub. We have a quiet working environment inundated with lots of greenery and a chance to work with a global team.
In this role, you will become part of a cutting edge team of developers building and creating a project within the healthcare domain. You will be working in a role where you will enjoy handling multiple areas of expertise, learning new technologies, and thrive alongside very talented individuals. Your ownership will extend past the design and development of the project to:
- Analysis and documentation of new requirements
- Development of application as per client standards
- Development of unit and integration tests
- Testing, debugging and identifying problems and recommend and implement solutions
- And any other duties as they come along
In addition, you will be a leader for good software engineering practices.
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science graduate or a related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years professional work experience
- Hands-on experience in Java technologies; specifically with expertise in Hibernate and Spring
- Experience in and knowledge of Git
- Very good understanding and experience with unit testing and integration testing
- Familiar with threading and concurrency
- Understanding of distributed software systems
- Willingness to work in an agile environment where unit testing and code quality are highly valued
- Strong ability to be productive in ambiguous environments
- MUST have work authorization for immediate start (should be Canadian citizen, PR or open work permit holder)
Bonus, But Not Needed:
- Proven capability with at least one automated build framework (e.g. Gradle, Ant, Maven)
- Domain knowledge of healthcare industry
- Previous demonstrated experience as a Team Lead
- Exposure with Java 8, including streams and lambdas
- Experience working in an enterprise environment of any type
- Java Programmer Certification
- Other evidence of exceptional ability
Pay & Benefits
Competitive Market Salary Rate
Benefits to working with Venuiti are a competitive market salary rate and an attractive benefits package, which includes profit sharing.
Venuiti Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.